BCASW supports Registered Social Workers in private practice by offering
- substantially reduced rates on professional liability insurance
- access to a health insurance benefit program for self-employed professionals
- the opportunity to post their services on our private practice roster, the Find a Social Worker online directory – here is how to post your practice
- continuing education opportunities at BCASW member rates
- consultation on issues related to their private practice
- advocacy with employers/unions/insurers for third-party payments for social work services
- information and resources to keep them updated and current in their private practice
Resources & Practice Support for Registered Clinical Social Workers
CASW Private Practice Portal
The Canadian Association of Social Workers Private Practice Portal for Social Workers is now available. As a member of BCASW you have access to CASW resources. There is a wealth of information to help social workers begin, grow, diversify, and even close a private practice.
This portal is an express lane to the information every RSW private practitioner needs. It organizes content gleaned from reliable provincial, national, and international sources, giving you a world of information at your fingertips.
The content is broken down into sections, including:
· How to Get started · Minimizing risk
· Defining your services
· Promoting your services
· Delivering services
· Generating additional income
· Health and wellness
· Professional development
· Closing your practice
The CASW Private Practice Portal will answer questions from taxes and insurance coverage to choosing your office location.
Setup and Login into your CASW Members account to access this resource. A link to the Portal can be found on the right hand side menu of the Members’ area after logging in.