How do you want to be involved in your professional association? There are so many ways!
- Become actively involved on a BCASW practice committee
- Serve on your local branch executive or on the provincial BCASW Board
- Join the Perspectives editorial committee
- Write an article for Perspectives
- Share your knowledge and expertise by presenting a teleseminar for fellow members
- Work with your branch to develop local advocacy initiatives
- Plan events during Social Work Week that heighten the visibility and profile of Social Work
- Participate on task forces and virtual groups related to your interests or field of practice
- Add your name to our Mentoring Roster and share your wisdom and expertise with a fellow member
- Help plan branch educational and networking events
- Join the Fall Conference planning committee
- Lend your expertise to BCASW as a media spokesperson
- Be the BCASW liaison to your local School of Social Work
- Attend branch events and network, network, network!
Let us know how you would like to be involved!
How has BCASW made a difference for our members? Read some comments from our recent member survey.